"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death. "
Thomas Paine

Saturday, April 6, 2013

I Refuse to Be Dumbed Down and So Should You

      I think there is in general a dumbing down of america. It insults me that they try to make a tv show like "American Idol" news worthy. REALLY, your going to tell me there is nothing more important going on in the world???????
   In the past few years it seems like this dumbing down has focused on the south and the term "Red Neck".
The powers at be are trying to tell us a "red neck" is some one with a southern accent who is uneducated and only cares about drinking, hunting, fishing, fast cars and loose women. This could be further from the truth and as a proud southern I'm HIGHLY annoyed and insulted. Do you want to know the true meaning of a red neck? It is someone who has worked hard all his life trying to provide a decent life for the family while sweating under the hot humid sun and the yoke of an over imposing government until his neck is blistered red.
        THAT IS THE TRUE MEANING OF A RED NECK!
     If your from the south and your as proud of your deep culture and history as I am. Then you should be insulted by any other definition and not participate in ANYTHING that shows other wise.
     These shows they are trying to pass off as reality shows, I believe most of it is scripted especially Duck Dynasty. In fact, that guy that plays the CEO doesn't even have a real Louisiana accent at least none that I've ever heard and I've spent a fair amount of time in Louisiana.
      I was raised a proud southern, taught manners and southern chivalry. The south has a long rich history deep in culture. I, to this day hold doors for ladies, it doesn't matter if they are 8 or 80. Funny, I actually made a girl irritated because I would open the car door for her. I believe deeply in equality for every one but that doesn't stop me from being a gentleman.
      I don't know where all this they are trying to shove down our throats is coming from, what is passed off today as entertainment and news, but I refuse to buy into it and you should also. Its degrading, insulting and just wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Amen Eddie! Reminds me of Aaron Tippens song- You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything-- seems like most people aint got a clue-waiting for somebody to jerk their string so they can dance like a puppet. Mark Gillespie

    ReplyDelete

Edeye's Soap Box Headline Animator