"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death. "
Thomas Paine

Friday, January 10, 2014

Read The Constitution Mr Buchanan

     I must admit that I rarely watch television. Also I used to be fully involved with the politics of this country, even volunteering and working on campaigns, but became disenchanted many years ago.
       Just by chance, I caught The Mclaughlin Group last Sunday, 1/ 5 / 14.
The discussion was on the recent legalization of marijuana in Colorado, Washington State and decriminalization in other parts of the country. I was glad to hear on all the news programs I watched that morning, that the general agreement is that the prohibition on marijuana is over. The government just needs to get on board.
      Of course I guess they have to have one idiot. Pat Buchanan does not disappoint. He stated at one point and I'm copying and pasting here:  "But this is the sentiment in the country, I think, sort of the decline of community and the rise of the idea of the autonomous and privileged self. And this is a trend, and it's going to continue." 
      Really???? "The privileged self"?????
    Has he ever read the preamble to the constitution?????
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
  Ever read this Mr. Buchanan???? Our constitution is filled with things about individual rights and freedoms. Maybe you should read it sometime or maybe you should go live in The Peoples Republic Of China where the focus is on the collective. 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edeye's Soap Box Headline Animator