"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death. "
Thomas Paine

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Does This Seem Odd To Anyone Else?????

        As a chef and some one who really pays attention to labels and the way products at the grocery store. As some one who is interested in good nutrition and its link to good health. As some one who is generally interested in the systems of the body and their connections to each other, I've made some observations and have some serious common sense notions that seems to escape our established medical and insurance persons.
      At one point I had #medical insurance. It did not cover #Chiropractic care. Now, I'm not so sure that a #Chiropractor can cure the common cold or any thing like that but I do believe that the spine is the major network that carries info from and to the different systems in the body and it only makes sense that if everything is aliened that it will work better, that your immune  system would be better and your health would be better. Saving everybody money!
    I've seen studies where #obesity and #type 2 diabetes is at epidemic levels. I would say that most of these people  are in the lower income bracket. I think it is a travesty that things that are proven killers, things like #High Fructose Corn Syrup and other chemicals are used to make cheap high calorie nutrionless food that doesn't rot and has been shown to cause health failure in rats.
     I've really gotten on board with buying #organics, both vegetables and meats. I feel much better and I'm losing a couple of pounds. But you know what?~ A family of four on an average salary with a mortgage and other bills couldn't afford it! I can barely afford it just for myself. The meat is twice as high. One bag of organic meats and vegetables, enough for two or three days will easily run you over thirty dollars. Its worth it! I'm not saying it isn't, just like seeing the doctor or dentist on a regular basis is worth it but when it comes to economics maybe the money just isn't there. It would seem that the people who do the hard labor in this country, the people who make up the back bone of this country can not afford the very things that will keep them healthy and prosperous.
     It seems very twisted that the rich are the only ones who can really afford to eat organic and healthy while everybody else is fed junk. Whats next "Solvent Green"????
Does anybody else see this??????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edeye's Soap Box Headline Animator