"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death. "
Thomas Paine

Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Look at Modern Addiction

     Addiction is serious business!
Yes it is and this addiction is especially insidious because most people don't even know they have it and each day there is more and more put out here to draw us in.
      Its there staring you in the face. That computer we can no longer do with out, although there are many of us who lived half our lives or more with out them. Now we can't go a day with out checking our emails. Then came social net working. Facebook and Twitter. Everyone putting there most recent life story out there for everybody to see. We have to be constantly attached, not talking to the person next to you but texting somebody a world away. We don't have a garden in our back yard but we have virtual farms and cites we have to tend hourly and daily. Then there is pinterest and stumbleupon. I could spend days on stumbleupon! There is an endless array of information out there on any subject you could be interested in and you could spend years tied to your computer discovering information that stumbleupon and pinterest throws out for you just by clicking a button. I have to limit myself to the time I spend on stumbleupon, but my real addiction is On line shopping. especially with sierra trading post and campmore. Sierra Trading Post really knows how to pull me in. I buy so much stuff they are giving me special discounts and free shipping, etc, etc. Its SUCH a DEAL,  how can I refuse!!!!! I told my self NO MORE! I delete their emails and don't open their catalogs and vow not to buy anything over the coming summer........ then I discover uncrate, gear junkie and nomorerack! arrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          I'm telling you its a conspiracy to keep us tied to the computer, distracted and not outside where we belong so we can see whats really going on!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edeye's Soap Box Headline Animator