"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death. "
Thomas Paine

Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Tao of willie"

        I just finished a wonderful little book called the “Tao of Willie”, a guide to the happiness in your heart. Now, I don’t want you to think I’m a gushing fan of Willie Nelson. I have listened to his music since the 70"s and have seen him in concert a couple of times, I admire what he his trying to do for the small family farms but I’ve never been a huge fan and the only thing I knew about him was when he got in trouble with the IRS and his pot bust.
        This book is surprisingly filled with a mix of ancient Chinese wisdom, home spun cowboy wisdom, bad jokes and a look into having a wonderful happy life. In many ways it mirrors the way I feel about life and if I ever wrote a book on the same topics, much of it would be the same. 
     It’s a GREAT read!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edeye's Soap Box Headline Animator