"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death. "
Thomas Paine

Friday, March 18, 2011

"Monsanto" is the devil and corn is the devil's diet

Or at least that’s what these three video’s I just watched would make you believe.
        I just watched: “King Corn”
                                “Food Inc”
                                 “The Future of Food”
       Very eye opening. Working in the food industry, I knew of some of these things but these videos really bring to light and make you think about how our food and farms, like all other areas of our lives are being corporatized and manipulated by big business. "Monsanto" is going after small farmers whose crops have been pollinated with their genetically engineered seeds by the wind for patent infringement. While our government is subsidizing large corporate farms to grow just one crop, mainly corn. Its pushing the small family farm out. While they put corn syrup in EVERYTHING , even batteries giving us cheap unhealthy food that is making us fat and sickly. The facts these videos give about the diabetes rate and the obesity rate and the time table at which it all coincides with the corn syrup entering the food supply is a real eye opener. I know from my own experience of trying to get high fructose corn syrup out of my diet,  it is almost impossible. Next time you go to the grocery store read some labels on the stuff you are buying. Its crazy, even bread and yogurt.
      Then there is the possibility of crop failure, all those millions of acres of corn gone, farmers losing their farms. Can you picture something worse then the “Great Potato Blight” of Ireland, it could happen, I really don’t know the chances, maybe they are small, but its still a chance.
      I suggest supporting your local food co-op, supporting your local farmers market, buying from your local farms when ever possible. Buying grass fed beef, free range chicken, naturally raised and wild meats when ever possible. READ the labels on the products you buy from the store. Look for brands that don’t have corn syrup or sucrose. Support “Farm Aide”
    Watch these videos
      

1 comment:

  1. I think the key is "what these videos would make you to believe". I'm a corn farmer, I buy stuff from Monsanto, and to say the truth is stretched a little would be an understatement. Knowing how some of the facts are manipulated, makes me question some of the other areas I know less about.

    I even blog about corn at times on my blog at daringrimm.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Edeye's Soap Box Headline Animator