"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death. "
Thomas Paine

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Another update from Best Buy and the official response from North face!

          Two days ago I sent the rep from Best Buy an email. In it I stated, that with my location and time restraints I thought the best thing to do was to send the computer back to Toshiba. That way it would be at my house when I got back from hunting camp. I also explained my experience with North Face in which they replaced a ten year old coat.
        Yesterday I got a response. The reply stated that the rep had worked for Vanity Fare, which to my surprise owns North Face. She stated that she was aware of the liberal nature of the North Face guarantee. She also stated that she too thought that I should send the computer back to Toshiba and that she would send me a flash drive to back up my files, at this point she also added a hundred dollar gift card and as soon as I find out what the charges are Best Buy will refund my shipping charges.
         At this point I don't think I have a beef with Best Buy any more. They have responded and are at least trying to help. If there was a Best Buy just down the road, would I be having the problems I'm having?  Not sure, I'm thinking maybe not. Really, I think, when I sent the computer to Toshiba instead of making the two and a half hour trip to Best Buy it took it out of Best Buys hands, so I am not really upset with them any more, not really.
          My Mom sent the same letter to the CEO of Toshiba and we have not heard a word in response.
                   The BOYCOTT goes on but with TOSHIBA  and not Best Buy.
   The thing is that my original thinking was that Toshiba's name is on the darn thing. I thought that by sending it back to them they would be more likely to make sure it was right than some kid at Best Buy making minimum wage. I might have been wrong, I'm just saying.
         I hope you read my other blog about a company that stands behind its product.
                 Anyway,  when I got my coat back and the bill stated that there was no charge, they had been so nice. I contacted Abe, which is my contact at North Face, and told him about the receipt. I got a quick reply in it and I quote " We show a charge for a $189 to your account and if there's not, than enjoy your new coat and thank you for being a loyal North Face customer."
                                         I checked my account, there is no charge.
              I am the new North Face poster boy! ha,ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edeye's Soap Box Headline Animator